Are You Prepared for the Holidays?
The first line of defense should always be a proper backup. Backup and verification, along with preparation of a contingency plan if problems occur.
This is important for anyone with valuable information, and isn’t your data valuable? Things happen, so you can never be too careful or too prepared.
LogicVein helps to ensure your business resiliency and to quickly recover/restore your data in the event of a disaster. So, protect and back up your data!!!
Checklist for network admin holiday preparations:
Below is LogicVein’s top checklist for network admin holiday preparations to ensure everyone gets to enjoy their end-of-the-year festivities. System administrators deserve a break, too.
- Device Backup config’s are working. Make sure your systems are synced up and that the daily device backup is running, with no errors. If you have any device failures over the holidays, this is a surefire way to quickly get that device back up and running.
- System backups. It is always a good idea to double-check the system backups. Ensure there is a schedule for a VMWare snapshot, this is the quickest way to restore a network. Also, there are daily backups in the system. If they are not sent off-site, then ensure you download the latest backup from the server prior to running off for the holidays.
- Compliance jobs are set and enabled. Make sure your compliance system is set up, and that the jobs are enabled. This will be the fastest way to ensure that if any changes do occur, they are correct and are all working after you make any server changes. With changes that affect performance, it’s wise to give yourself enough time to ensure that everything is operating properly before the holiday vacation.
- Credentials are up to date. With skeleton crews running the show during the holidays, make sure the credentials are up to date, especially for those folk that does not typically utilize the system.
- Backups. In case I did not mention this….backup up the system!
Pay attention to planned maintenance
It’s also important to be aware of and understand any maintenance occurring over the holidays, especially if it might require intervention. Certainly, network teams like to take advantage of quiet time during the holidays to get changes or updates done.
That’s all great, but make sure that you plan ahead to have all the people and skillsets available that you might need. And, always, always, make sure you have a good backup plan ready.
LogicVein can help to reduce the stress and anxiety of the holiday exodus.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information.