What is Net LineDancer?Net LineDancer (netLD) is designed to help network engineers manage and change the configurations of the network devices (routers, switches, firewalls, etc.). netLD provides hardware inventory reports, configuration change history, line-by-line comparisons, automated changes, real-time change detection, reports, and more It also provides a beautifully intuitive but powerful HTML5 GUI.
Net LineDancer was the first in the industry to support IPv6!
Why is NCCM Important?When your network is down it causes serious damage to your customers, sales, and productivity. It's been said the damage costs can reach up to 1% of gross annual sales. More than 75% of network failures arise from human-error in network device configuration.
Net LineDancer SolutionnetLD will cut the costs of Network Configuration and Change Management (NCCM) dramatically by tracking configuration changes and helping to automate changes, minimizing the likelihood of human error and speeding recovery when it occurs. netLD is designed to manage thousands (100,000+) of network devices with SmartBridge technology
Configuration Management- Scheduled Network Backups
- Real-Time Backups
- Historical Configuration Comparison
- Configuration Restore
- Selective Configuration Restore
* Backup Summary
* Configuration Change
* Hardware Change
* Hardware Report
* Inventory Report
* Software Summary
Change Management- Standardized Change Tools like Password Change and VLAN assignment.
- Scheduled and On-demand Changes
- Routing and Neighbor Information
- Cisco Zero-Touch (Plug and Play) Provisioning (option)
Inventory Management- Hardware Inventory
* Chassis, Slot, Card, and Power Supply information
* Serial Numbers, FRU Part Numbers, Revision Numbers
- Device OS Upgrade
- OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, CDP, and NDP Routing Information
- ARP, MAC Address, IP Address information
Load Distribution System- SmartBridge (option)
* Manage Overlapping IP Spaces
Security Features- Active Directory Server integration
- RADIUS Server integration
- Compliance Checking
- Compliance Reporting
- Disaster Recovery (Active/Active Redundancy) feature. (option)
- Change Log
- Job History
- Terminal Proxy
Net LineDancer development adheres to the following principals:- Continually simplify
- Design for the future
- Focus on the essential
Net LineDancer-Full product evaluation
Test Result of Net LineDancer vs. Manual OperationComparison of the login time to 10 Cisco devices
Manual login : 339 seconds
Login with netLD : 73 seconds (Shorter by 78.5% !)
About five times productivity!
The more you increase your managed nodes, the more overwhelming labor saving is possible.
Net LineDancer vs. Tera Term Macro.... Let's compare!First Comparison :
|Parameters||Net LineDancer||Manual Operation|
Tera Term Macro
|②||Automatic Discovery to Multiple Devices at Once||
|③||Automatic Configuration Backup to Multiple Devices at Once*1||
|④||Configuration Comparison of Before and After Backup||
|⑤||Comparison of Return Value of Show Commands||
|⑥||Multi-Vendor Support and Comparison of Return Value*2||
|⑦||Conflict Report and Comparison*3||
|⑧||Repeat Feature of Job*4||
|⑨||Restoration of Failed Devices||
|⑩||Backup of Multiple Enterprise and Overlapping IP Addresses||
|⑪||Export CSV of ③⑤⑥ (IP Address, Host Name, Date)||
- Tera Term (△) - Macro is used and configuration with unnecessary information will be pushed.
- netLD (○) - Return value is acquired by Command Runner feature. Every command is supported!
- If there is a difference between startup-config and running-config, notification, comparison, and application are available.
- Tera Term (△) - Creating script is required. On the other hand, it is built-into netSD.
- As a result of verification which made the access-list configured on 28 devices, processing speed is measured about 10 times (x10) in netLD.